Why did we create this product?
LAB Series Fibre Plus provides all the natural advantages of bulk-producing fibre while being kind to your tummy so that you can use it every day. Fibre Plus utilises the goodness from fruits, vegetables and grains to help make your digestive system as efficient as possible.
What are the benefits of Fibre Plus?
- Inulin is a polysaccharide that is neither digested nor absorbed in the small intestine, they act as a natural prebiotic. They do this by providing a food source to the ‘good’ bacteria in the gut. Recent studies have also shown that Inulin can aid in sleep patterns, weight loss and can act as an anti-inflammatory. Further studies have shown that it can be beneficial for those with metabolic diseases such as Type-II diabetes.
- Similar to Inulin and other soluble fibres, Psyllium Husk will pass through the large intestine without being completely broken down or absorbed. Instead, Psyllium absorbs water and becomes a viscous compound which can benefit common digestive issues, may help to regulate blood sugar, reduce cholesterol and aid weight-loss.
- By maintaining good levels of healthy bacteria it may help with regulating cholesterol levels, blood sugar and improve IBS symptoms. Some studies have also shown that good gut microbiome can aid in weight-loss.
How is the product unique?
LAB Series Fibre Plus includes a combination of dietary fibres such as Inulin and Psyllium husk with the added benefit of the ‘healthy’ bacteria Lactobacillus Acidophilus. Consuming the correct amounts of dietary fibre can result in many health benefits, the most obvious being the regulation of the digestive system. Some studies prove a high level of dietary fibre can aid in blood-sugar control, Type-II diabetes and reduce incidences of bowel cancer.
At MYOBAND we always advocate that the best sources of vitamins and minerals should be a healthy, balanced diet, however, we also truly believe that supplementing that diet can have strong effects on your overall health, well being and performance, whatever your goals. It is estimated that the UK average intake of dietary fibre is 18g per day whereas we need at least 30g per day. Fibre Plus can help to bridge that gap.
What does the product contain?
- Inulin belongs to a group of naturally occurring polysaccharides that are produced by many types of plants. It is most often extracted from Chicory as is the case for our Inulin in Fibre Plus.
- Psyllium Husk Powder is made from the seeds of Plantago Ovata which is a common wild herb, often used for medicinal purposes.
- Lactobacillus acidophilus is a healthy bacterium which naturally occurs in the gut of animals. The levels in the gut can be disrupted by many external factors such as diet, antibiotics and illness.
Active Ingredients Per Capsule: Psyllium Husk Powder 290mg, Inulin powder 200mg, Lactobacillus Acidophilus 10 billion – 10mg, Other Ingredients: Magnesium Stearate (Anti-Caking Agent), Silicon Dioxide (Anti-Caking Agent), Gelatin White Body and Cap, Colourant: Titanium Dioxide.